Invisalign braces are a popular option for people who want to straighten their teeth without the hassle of metal wires and brackets. They are clear, removable and virtually invisible, making them ideal for those who value aesthetics and convenience. But how effective are they, and what is the experience like? Here is a review from a patient who tried Invisalign braces at The Row Dental, a private practice in Edinburgh.
What is Invisalign and How Does It Work?
Invisalign is a system of custom-made aligners that gradually move your teeth into the desired position. The aligners are made of a clear plastic material that fits snugly over your teeth. You wear them for about 22 hours a day, changing to a new set every week or two. The treatment time varies depending on your case, but it usually takes between six months to a year.
- Benefits of Invisalign: They are comfortable, discreet and easy to remove for eating and cleaning.
- Limitations of Invisalign: They may not be suitable for complex cases or severe misalignment. They require discipline and commitment to wear them as instructed.
What is The Row Dental and How Do They Provide Invisalign?
The Row Dental is a private practice in Edinburgh that offers cosmetic dentistry services, including Invisalign. The founder and cosmetic dentist, Dr Slaine Ker, has extensive experience and training in Invisalign and other dental procedures. She uses a computerized system to create a digital impression of your teeth and design your treatment plan. She also monitors your progress and makes adjustments as needed.
- Advantages of The Row Dental: They use the latest technology and techniques to provide high-quality care and results. They offer flexible payment plans and free consultations.
- Disadvantages of The Row Dental: They are not covered by the NHS or most insurance plans. They may have limited availability and waiting times.
What is the Process of Getting Invisalign at The Row Dental?
The process of getting Invisalign at The Row Dental involves four main steps:
- Consultation: You meet with Dr Ker to discuss your goals and expectations. She examines your teeth and takes a digital scan of your mouth. She shows you a simulation of how your smile will look after the treatment.
- Fitting: You receive your first set of aligners and instructions on how to wear them. Dr Ker also attaches small fluoride buttons to your teeth to help the aligners grip better.
- Follow-up: You visit Dr Ker every six weeks or so to check your progress and get new aligners. She also gives you feedback and advice on how to care for your teeth and aligners.
- Completion: You finish your treatment and enjoy your new smile. Dr Ker removes the buttons and gives you retainers to wear at night to maintain your results.
What is the Experience of Wearing Invisalign Like?
The experience of wearing Invisalign can vary from person to person, but here are some common aspects:
- Comfort: You may feel some discomfort or pressure when you first wear the aligners or switch to a new set. This is normal and means that the aligners are working. The pain usually subsides after a few days.
- Convenience: You can easily remove the aligners for eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. However, you need to remember to put them back on as soon as possible and clean them regularly.
- Confidence: You can smile without feeling self-conscious about your teeth or braces. Most people will not notice that you are wearing aligners unless they look closely.
What are the Results of Invisalign Treatment?
The results of Invisalign treatment depend on several factors, such as the severity of your case, the duration of your treatment, the quality of your aligners and the compliance with your dentist’s instructions. However, most patients report significant improvements in their smile, bite, oral health and overall satisfaction.
- Before and After Photos: You can see some examples of how Invisalign has transformed the smiles of patients at The Row Dental on their website or social media pages.
- Testimonials: You can read some reviews from happy customers who have shared their stories and opinions on their website or online platforms.